Part Number: RSC-1
Length: 2.83 IN
Width: 1.37 IN
Thickness: 0.90 IN
PDF-Datasheet: Download Here
By converting to EIA-485, the RSC-1 allows up to 128 Morningstar products to communicate on the same communication bus and over much greater distances.
Typical configurations include:
- Networking several TriStar and/or TriStar-MPPT controllers
- Adding Morningstar’s PC Meterbus Adapters (MSC) for use with an RJ-11 port in multi-device networks.
- Adding Morningstar’s Relay Driver to a network
- Integrating any compatible Morningstar product into an existing EIA-485 network, such as those used by industrial control or SCADA systems.
- All data is transmitted in the form of MODBUS protocol. This industry standard was chosen for its robust design and high level of compatibility with a variety of equipment. Each Morningstar product has its own
- MODBUS specification (see our website for full details) that covers the data available from each products specific functions.
Key Features and Benefits
- Removable four (4) position EIA-485 terminal
- 9-pin RS-232 connector (male)
- Status LED for monitoring and diagnostics
- Molded tabs for attachment to 35mm standard DIN rail
- RS-232 ribbon cable (not shown) with low-profile connectors